ARGUS 4.0 Revisions:
from the changes shown below, there have been made corrections
and additions to the XLI script interpeter. These changes are
not described here as they are quite technical and of less interest
for most users.
revision 1 (released 2. feb 2005)
revision 2 (released 15. feb 2005)
Moon's node no longer missing on anglian style chartwheel.
revision 3 (released 27. mar 2005)
defined entries in the additional gazetteer now handles south
latitude and west longitude.
- The restore option in the
backup menu can now overwrite existing files
revision 4 (released 31. mar 2005)
- Fixed an
error introduced in revision 3 making the program crash if you
entered a city, which were not found in the atlas.
an error which produced a program crash if you entered a blank
field for longitude or latitude.
- Labels in script generated
menus will not longer be cropped if they are too long.
- Fixed an error in the livechart,
which produced aspect lines pointing to an empty position (chiron).
- Fixed the button size in the license code dialog and
the backup dialog.
- Fixed script interpreter, so that
it is now immune to ESC (27) codes in the text
revision 6: (released 9. jun 2005)
a timeout in the module installation, which made it sometimes
fail when installing slow .exe files.
- Clockchart (key
U) is now temporarily disabled when running the livechart to avoid
conflict between them.
- Livechart not longer slowed down by data in the output window.
- Continuation line backslashes now works across $ paragraphs
in script files
revision 8 (released
7. jul 2005)
- Scripts with EXEC (calling external
programs) now less prone to crash
(released 23. okt 2006)
- Det er ikke længere
nødvendigt at klikke OK før man "blader"
i dobbelt-input fanebladene i data-input menuen.
på x øverst til højre i udskriftvinduet sletter
nu vinduets indhold
- Orbisværdier i orbis-sæt
definitionerne er rettet så minutterne ikke længere
- You do no longer need to click OK before
swithing tabs in the dual-entry input mode.
the upper-right x in the output window now clears the output content.
- Orb values in the orbset definitions no longer misinterpret
the minutes of arc
revision 10 (released
20. mar 2006)
- Livechart now shows BC dates correctly
- Livechart now calculates the age correctly for BC dates
- Fixed a Floating point error arising if you separate
radix and forecast more than 4082 years.
- Fixed error
in the script engine, making the forecaster interperetation exit
prematurely at Chiron aspects.
- Aspect grid no longer
cuts the text below the graph when Chiron is included.
Livechart bookmarks now survive exit and restart of the the livechart
window as long as you do not change the birthdata.
names entered in the intput menu will now be saved in the database
together with the data.
- If one of two planets in an
orbset definition has the orb set to 0-00, aspects to this planet
will not appear, even if the combine rule is set to max or mean.
To make this work, you need to set the config swtich 11 to 1 (with
the macro $1 11 CONFX).
- Orbspeed is now shown correctly
even if the speed is zero (eg. neither applying or separating)
- The macro "+" inserting data in the database
is fixed, so that it works as it did in Argus 3.1. Users of the
Correx plugin will appreciate that the module now works better
in the "universal method" mode.
- The font dialog
in "preferences" now shows the actual fontsize rather
than always 10.
revision 11 (released 8.
- Slow start: Earlier versions sometimes
paused with a blank rectangle when loading, in some cases even
hung completely, due to a nonresponse from other open applications
to a new-font broadcast. This has been fixed so that Argus is
no longer waiting for response before continuing.
revision 12 (released 5. mar 2007)
are now written "page xx" rather than "page xx
of yy". You may however have the expanded version, if you
edit line 1108 (first line is 0) in the language definition file
(language.cfg), and insert a template called "page %d of
%d". The first %d translate into current page number, and
the second (if present) into total number of pages.
The language definition file is added to the "edit system
variables" in the preferences menu. Scroll down the 500 system
variables, and you will find the language definitions following.
Editing and updating a line will write the changes to disk, whereas
the system variables only change temporarily until you click PREFERENCES
> SAVE TO DISK.
- A bug in the aspect calculation routine
is fixed. If you chose large orbs and small aspects, this could
sometimes result in missing major aspects, if an aspect angle
was closer to a minor aspect (but outside orb) than to a major
aspect (inside orb), it would be rejected. This is now fixed and
all aspects within the defined orbs are written.
is now possible to make a printout of the database WITH notes,
if you click the print-button with the RIGHT-MOUSE button.
The pop-up menu in the notes-entry field is changed, so that you
can do a printout of the notes to the output window. Previously,
you needed to do a tedious copy and paste procedure.
If you, using a macro ($2 5 CONFX) to choose national abbreviations
instead of symbols in the positions printout, the signs will now
print with three-letter abbreviations instead of two, which could
revision 13 (released 30.
- The help system is changed to HTML help
to be vista compatible.
- The argus font pca-ansi.ttf
is changed to a symbol font, the old version did not display the
Sun and some Pluto and Uranus symbols in windows vista.
ARGUS 4.2 Revisions:
20 (released 30. march 2010)
revision 21 (released 1. may 2010)
revision 22 (released oct 2014)
A floating-point error, sometimes arising when calculating Kündig
- Fixed font problem in the positions panels
in the live-chart, where on some computers the line spacing got
too big to hold all lines, scrolling the Sun position off the
- The old ver 4.0 showed aspects between angles
in the live-chart. This "feature" was removed in ver
4.2, but unfortunately also aspects from transit and tertiaries
to radix angles disappeared. This is now fixed.
error in the start files of the interpretation templates for Synastry
- The interpetation editor will no longer crash, if it finds an XLI file had text after a $$$-line
- Progressed table now shows BC dates in correct order
- Atlas city lookup now works with accented letters
- Argus closedown no longer may show "cannot write to pca.ini"
- System variables with text lines including spaces can now be edited.
revision 23 (released may 2017)
- The period accpting two-digit year input (formerly 1900-2000) can
now be changed to another 100-year span. To cover e.g. 1930-2030,
change the system variable 98 to 1930 (must be 1900 or greater)
- The info-boks shown under HELP>ABOUT now shows the Argus run-path (typically c:\argus)
- New house system (Krusinski) added.
- Live chart new checkbox to select heliocentric instead of
geocentric positions. Sun and Moon positions then both show the
position of Earth
- Progressed table now mark BC dates with BC.
- When installing modules, using the default 'List' for filename
you will get a list of modules available from our download website to
mark and go.
- When installing modules, entering a filename not found on your local PC, it will be looked up on our download page.
- When installing modules, you may specify a single XLI file, it does not need to be packaged witha .DEF file.
- File menus now bette remembers your last acces folder
- Dynamic transit graphs now works with BC dates
- The status bar at the bottom of screen letting you toggle between output and control, now works properly
- The icons on the function panel are better secured, and will appear immidiatelly when restored from backup
- Live chart now correctly shows aspects from transit, tertiary and solar arc to radix angles
- Live chart fixed risk of "division by zero" error when operating the time sliders
- When opening live chart horary (todays date) will remove all marks in forecast checkboxes.
- Relationship chart now shows names correctly
- Added field in the F-key definitions to enter a macro to automatically run at program start
- Running Argus from command line with parameter -n will ignore any automatic startup macro or auto.xli.
revision 24 (released jan 2019)
- Daylight saving time tables updated, for example Russia aborted DST a few years ago
- Live chart checkbox setting for radix MC/AC saved at close
- Downloading a corrupted zip file (module) now produces a message
- Now possible to restore a namefile without first closing its tab
- Namefile tabs show full path if file is outside the Argus folder
- Install module, if filename entered not found, it will be searched on the EE website
- Install module download ignores cache, previously, you might get an old version saved on your computer
- American style date input now works properly with namefile, which previously might swap day and month
- Namefile sort by birthdate now works with older namefiles having spaces replacing leading zeroes
- Selecting a city in Atlas lookup now accepts double-click instead of the need to click OK
- Output window now lets you save and load .txt and .xli files
- If Argus at load time finds the configuration (pca.cfg)
corrupted, it will give you a message and try finding a useable backup
or as a lase resort, a factory setting one from the repair folder
- F-key definitions has an added field at the bottom to enter a startup macro to run automatically when Argus loads.